£0.00 / 0 item(s)
  • No products in the case.
0

Montevertine Rosso 2010

£29.49

Montevertine Rosso 2010

Montevertine Rosso 2010

£29.49 per bottle

  • £176.94
  • £353.88
SKU: 5577 Category: . Tags: , , .

Montevertine lies within the Chianti hills, Italy. The estate was founded by Sergio Manetti. Formerly a manufacturer of steel products he turned his hand to winemaking in the 1970’s. The 18 heactares of vineyards are now managed by his son Martino Manetti. The mainstay for the estate is the Sangiovese grape which amounts to 90% of its production. The remaining 10% is Canaiolo and Colorino. All three varieties of grapes are indigenous to the region. The older vines are pruned using the Guyot procedure and the newer ones the cordon technique. The estate started its organic conversion in 2009.

TASTING NOTES

This is a deep rich red wine with elegance and finesse. Montevertine Rosso is a classic wine a cuvee that is a direct expression of the estates terroir. The wine is aged in Slovenian oak barrels for 24 months.  On the palate there are strong hints of raspberries and strawberry balanced with a definite minerality. The wine has a long lasting finish. This 2010 vintage is extremely well balanced tannins and a great overall structure. Overall a seriously outstanding wine from an estate that is rated alongside the world’s finest.

 

This wine is from a certified producer.

Additional information

Colour

Red

ABV

13%

Region

Chianti

Grape Variety

Colorino,Canaiolo,Sangiovese

Producer

Montevertine

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Montevertine Rosso 2010”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *