Pierre Luneau and Monique Apin set up the Domaine Luneau-Papin in 1993. Their son, PierreMarie (who is the eighth generation of the family to be a vigneron) joined them in the family venture in 2005. Pierre and Monique were both born into prominent local wine-producing families; Pierre’s family, the Luneau family, in Le Landreau since 1680), and Monique’s family, the Papin family, in La Chapelle-Heulin since 1660).
Schist soils, south-east exposure.
• Manual harvested
• Cold clarification of grape juice
• Fermentation for 4 weeks
• Gently pressed using a pneumatic press
• Controlled ferment
• Aged on the lees for 10 months
• No malolactic fermentation
• Filtered and fined at bottling
• Small amount of sulphur added after the fermentation and before ageing.
Light yellow with green tints, fine nose with floral and mineral notes, and nice weight in the mouth with good clean leesy feel.
Melon de Bourgogne
Domaine Luneau Papin